50skills’s Slack integration makes it easy to engage your entire team in the hiring process.
Use our Slack integration the next time you want to:
- Have a private channel created in Slack for each job you create and automatically invite your hiring team to it
- Get notified when new applicants apply
- Get notified when team members write notes about applicants
- Send unique referral links to team members of any public Slack channel
Have a private channel created in Slack for each job you create and automatically invite your hiring team to it
When you create a job in 50skills, the 50skills Slack Bot will automatically create a private channel on Slack. It will then invite all the members that you added to the hiring team in 50skills to that private channel on Slack.
Get notified when new applicants apply
When a new applicant applies, Slack will send a notification to the private Slack Channel with basic information about the applicant. Whenever you make updates in 50skills, e.g. give the applicant a rating, or move the applicant between stages - the information will be automatically updated on the Slack channel.
Get notified when team members write notes about applicants
If a team-member writes notes regarding an applicant in 50skills, the note will appear on the private slack channel, linked to a thread on that applicant profile in Slack.
Send unique referral links to team members of any public Slack channel
Within each job you have created in 50skills, Slack will appear under the "apps" tab. From there you can send a private Slack message to all members of a channel you select. (Note: For you to be able to send to members of channel, you have to invite the 50skills Slack Bot to that channel)
The 50skills bot will send a message to all of your employees that are part of the Slack channel you selected. The message will contain a unique link, that they can send to their own social media or prospects that are a fit for the job you are hiring for.
How do I set up the Slack integration with 50skills?
Setup couldn’t be easier. Here’s how to enable the integration in less than a minute (note your user must be an Admin in 50skills and an Admin in Slack to enable Slack).
- Go to Company settings and click the apps tab (or click here). Authorise your Slack account to connect. Once added, every-time there is an update made in 50skills, e.g. Job name is changed, new assignee, rating is applied, it will automatically get updated on the Slack channel.
2. Choose the 50skills app chatbot and click allow.
3. Go to any public channel you have on Slack (e.g. #general). Type @50skills in that channel to add the 50skills bot. (This will enable the 50skills bot to send messages to that channel and unique referral links to all members of the channel.)
4. Enjoy! 🕺💃
Already using Slack?
If you are a 50skills customer using the slack integration (connected earlier than OCT 2020), you might need to reset your connection!
Slack updated their API - connection in October, making it necessary for all customers to reconnect.
*Please note* Due to these Slack updates, previous messages in your private 50skills Slack channels might be lost. Make sure to review and save vital information from those channels before reconnecting Slack with 50skills. Here’s how to do it:
- Go to the Company settings and click the apps tab. Authorise your Slack account to re-connect.
- Choose the 50skills app chatbot as a required channel.
- Enjoy! 🕺💃
What happens if a change the name of a Slack channel?
It is OK to change the name but it has to be within Slacks' conditions. (The name cant contain a space or period and must be all lower case letters).
What happens when I archive a job? Does the channel get archived?
Yes, when you archive a job in 50skills, the private channel also gets archived.
How can I add a new hiring team member to the slack channel?
He will automatically be added to channels he has access to in 50skills.
What happens if I add someone to the private channel that is not part of 50skills hiring team?
They will see all the information within that channel.
What happens if I add someone to the hiring team later in the process. Do they automatically get invited to the Slack channel as well?
Yes. 50skills will pick this up and invite them to the Slack channel.
Do all team members have to have a paid slack account to use Slack with 50skills?
No, but to be able to add 50skills to your Slack account, that Slack account needs to have a paid Slack subscription. If you add users outside your domain, e.g. 3rd party recruiters, they will get an invite to the private Slack channel.
My Slack integration isn't working! What to do?
- Make sure that users you add on Slack have the same email as the users you add to 50skills. (If you have different domain endings, e.g. through AD users, we can solve this, just give send us a message.
- Our Slack integration is still in beta and work in progress. If you have any further issues with it, make sure to send us a message and we will look into it!